Modern Image Railway Modelling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Train Set...Hanging Hill

2 posters

Go down

My Train Set...Hanging Hill Empty My Train Set...Hanging Hill

Post  Clive Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:52 am

Hanging Hill appeared in the January and February 2008 editions of British Railway Modelling. Since then it has been off the exhibition circuit and I have been meaning to upgrade the scenics, and possibly revise the track plan. Owing to family commitments this has not happened as yet, the next few months look like I can get on with these changes. Another incentive to do some work on the layout has been a tidy up of its home (the garage) and the disposal of most surplus stock and unfinished/unlikely to finish projects.

Here are some photos from a recent operating session. When at home operating the layout the buildings are usually left in their boxes.
My Train Set...Hanging Hill 023small
The breakdown crane, scratchbuilt
My Train Set...Hanging Hill 017small
A scratchbuilt BTH
My Train Set...Hanging Hill 033smalla
Oil train, with two scratchbuilt 10 ton tank wagons and a very much modified Tri-ang 14 ton tank
Clive
Clive
Admin

https://mirm.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

My Train Set...Hanging Hill Empty Re: My Train Set...Hanging Hill

Post  Sulzer Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:44 am

Looking good Clive !!!!

Sulzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Clive Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:40 pm

Thanks Sulzer

Update on changes as mentioned in the OP. I have modified the track so that the breakdown train siding is now a loop, thus enabling the complete train to leave the depot in one move. On return the loco hauling the train can run round it. What was the head shunt to gain access to the shed or loco sidings has become a siding for the stores train, I just need to build a platform so that the stores can be unloaded into the shed building. The short headshunt into the breakdown train siding is now the loco headshunt. Only one new point was required, a single slip, chosen so that the stores siding does not become a second loco headshunt. I reused the old points in new places. I was going to use the old point motors but had problems trying to fit them. Each time I had the actuating wire in the tie bar and went to drill the holes I moved the point motor so that the wire and tie bar no longer were together. Instead of keep trying again until I succeeded I gave up and got some new motors with long wires, these took only minutes to fit.
My Train Set...Hanging Hill Hanginghilltracksmall
Clive
Clive
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Clive Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:00 am

Here are some photos of the changes.

My Train Set...Hanging Hill 387x
The new single slip.
My Train Set...Hanging Hill 388o
The entrance/exit of the breakdown train loop.
My Train Set...Hanging Hill 392b
10203 departing with the breakdown train.
Clive
Clive
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sulzer Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:15 pm

Clive, do you have any photo's of the stores platform?

Sulzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down